Tuesday, December 28, 2010

On the cusp

The time is now getting very close for our departure.  It's getting into the evening, and while I have most everything else accomplished, I still have my clothes packing to do.  I'm only taking a small suitcase and my red backpack (already known for its many journeys to China).

Somehow, I'm anticipating some challenges this trip.  We have some special cultural assignments along with some faith teaching.  Additionally, I will be leading the Sunday celebration for the expats. We'll be visiting a drug rehab center, a senior citizen housing unit, a very large high school, and Lutheran schools in Hong Kong.  Our team will be stretched, but we will grow.

For Brogan and I, it will be a return to "old haunts," while for the four freshmen women, it will be a totally new experience.  I'm looking forward to some fine Chinese cuisine in only a couple of days.

I'm thankful that you will be keeping us in your thoughts during kneetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment