Tuesday, August 14, 2012

SANDHILL CRANES


You might guess by now that I enjoy immensely some of the interesting conversations that take place in the world of wildlife. Here's a special few sentences from two sandhill cranes in a hay field.


"I just never grew very tall. If I don't stand on this bale, I'll never be able to see the far away insects."

"You're crazy! I can see all the insects fine from this height. I wish you'd grow up!"
 A VISIT FROM COUSINS JERRY AND BETH NICOLAUS (ST. LOUIS)
Cousin Beth Nicolaus is visiting with her husband, Jerry. Beth goes on to a class reunion while Jerry sticks around to help me with projects here at the "farm." While Beth was here, we visited several art galleries, the farmers market, and had lunch with Karol at the Vietnamese restaurant. You'd guess that Beth is really all wet!

No comments:

Post a Comment