Monday, December 8, 2014

A NEW EXPERIENCE

Well, this is the real thing folks! Ten years ago, I would have believed that the only radiation would have come down from the skies (to some extent). Now a machine delivers a measured amount of radiation to the tumor lodged toward the bottom of my brain. This is exact what the doctors ordered for my prescription right now.

As I left our driveway, I took a video of the picture that still rested in our yard. It's pretty and it was nice to head out again. Of course, I can't drive on my own to take my car out (because of the seizure diagnosis that was listed by Dr. Lawler). My next driving session can begin on January 12 - WOW! total freedom once again.


The large machine that delivers radiation to my specific tumor. Just so you know that there is space on the mask where I can breathe. BUT, it is tight on my head so that I do not move.
The face mask that tightly covers my face so that I basically am immoveable. They soaked the mask in warm water and then stretched over my head, fastening to the metal plate on the bottom. It is well that I do not move so that the radiation is delivered to the correct place on the tumor. Today was my first session - only 29 sessions left.
AGAIN, LET ME THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND CONCERNS FOR THE PAST WEEKS SINCE I'VE DISCOVERED THE BRAIN TUMOR. WHILE WE PRAY FOR HEALING, WE RECOGNIZE THAT GOD IS DAILY IN CHARGE.

I TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME, BLESSED BY LOVED ONES, PRAYER PARTNERS, FRIENDS, CHURCH COMMUNITIES, FAMILY, AND, MOST OF ALL, MY LOVING WIFE, KAROL. I COULD NEVER HAVE BEEN BLESSED SO RICHLY AS WITH A WOMAN LIKE KAROL.

No comments:

Post a Comment