Monday, December 31, 2012

OFF TO SAINT LOUIS


On Wednesday morning, I am off to St. Louis for the "Unwrapped" conference, a national campus ministry gathering. I'll return on Saturday just in time to prepare for the Guatemala mission trip - leaving Stevens Point about 6 pm on Sunday, January 6 (Epiphany).

I'm not sure what to expect either at the conference or on the mission trip, but I know that they will be blessings to me and others. At the conference, I am leading one sectional on international student ministry. On the mission trip, I am the designated "evangelist," although I would expect that others will be vocal about sharing their faith.

For the Guatemala trip, this blog will become the communicating tool between the mission trippers and "folks back home." It seemed like the easiest way to do it, although I just don't know how good the internet is in Zacapa.

VIDEO OF ANOTHER SNOWY WALK. I just love this snow!

I was out making bowls again this afternoon. If I have to say so myself, they seem to be shaping up pretty nicely (get the pun?). I am more and more pleased with them. I'm beginning to note the techinques of how to get them "lineless," that is, so that they are perfectly smooth inside and out. I think that is a significant advancement.

These are the bowls that I've made since Christmas Day when Karol left. The smaller ones are all birch and the bigger, flatter ones are black cherry.

When I was out to get the mail today, I saw a bunch of turkey tracks along the driveway. I saw some the other day too, but I thought that maybe they were crows. This time I'm sure that they are turkey.

This is just to let you know that the snow hasn't melted yet! We'll much sooner have a meltdown in Washington before any of our snow melts.  

WHAT A YEAR THIS HAS BEEN! I AM THANKFUL FOR WIFE AND FAMILY; FRIENDS AND RELATIVES; SAFE TRAVEL AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR LEADING WORSHIP; BOWLS AND GARDEN; ENGLISH CAFE AND ISM, INC; BUT MOST OF ALL FOR JESUS WHO HAS SET ME FREE AND FORGIVEN EVERY SHORTCOMING AND MISTAKE. SUCH A BLESSING IT IS THAT HE LOVES ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment