Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"ONLY IN WISCONSIN"


Last night, the temperature at our home dipped to -14 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, that is cold, but I think that once we get below zero, it's all much the same:  dress up warmly.
I didn't get up until 7:30 this morning. By then, the temperature had climbed to -12 degrees.

I had homemade soup and toasted cheese sandwiches at Andrew and Suzanne's home this noon. Kaitlyn is proud of her guinea pig. Rachel has one in the same cage.

On the way back home, I saw this sign at Corky's Bar in Shantytown. Even though it was only 12:45, I thought I needed to wait around for this annual event.

Only in Wisconsin would they wait in line in a temperature of 13 degrees to jump in ice cold water, swim five strokes, jump out, and then walk (run) back to the bar for additional "antifreeze."

In case you are wondering why the videos are so shaky, remember that I am not dressed to stand outside in the breezy cold; I was only wearing a light jacket. As the video progresses, I begin to shake a bit.


I couldn't believe all the young people who were going to take the plunge. Do you think that the two young women first in line were a bit apprehensive? I wouldn't doubt it!
 
This is probably not an "only in Wisconsin," but the farmer has in essence provided food for the flock of turkeys by spreading the manure that came from one of his barns. It's kind of the old philosophy, "Make sure that you leave enough for the next guy."



No comments:

Post a Comment