Wednesday, April 16, 2014

THE BLOOD MOON

It's tough not to have a telescope when you want to photo a unique object in the sky. It was tough to get a clear, up-close shot of this unique moon - sitting in earth's shadow for several hours. But I did wake up in the middle of the night (2X) to get the following shots. I share them for what they are.

The moon was really special, and, while I don't think it really looked like blood, it did have a rust-colored texture about it.



This was the coolest!!

Last night, I took a picture of the regular moon.
Here, it looks as if I have captured both moons in one photo. BUT, the photo was taken the night after the blood moon. I took it through the double paned glass in our great room. Interesting effect.
One more photo of the sun reflecting off of the snow. This morning, April 16, it is once again snowing. Even now, I AM BEGINNING TO WONDER IF THE REAL SPRING WILL EVER GET HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment