Tuesday, December 3, 2013

YEA! IT'S HERE!

The first significant snowfall of the season has arrived; two inches of white covering everything in sight and coating trees with beautiful lines of white. Enjoy these 7 am pictures.

Looking south to the pond.

Looking east.

Looking west.

Looking north to the driveway and garden.




AND, I'VE BEGUN TO TURN BOWLS ONCE AGAIN!

David Selle gave me huge chunks from the base of a maple tree that was in his yard in Appleton. I've begun to experiment with some small pieces. This is the piece as I brought it into the house.
This is the same bowl after I coated it with mineral oil - my usual way of finishing pieces these days.

This may be the best bowl I have done so far. This cherry burl came from our woods in Iola.

Another cup from David Selle's beautiful maple.


STAY TUNED FOR MORE BOWLS.....

No comments:

Post a Comment