Tuesday, October 23, 2012

ONE MORE DAY TO PREPARE

One day left to get ready for China: here is a tentative schedule of where I will be.
     Oct. 25 - Depart US
     Oct. 26, 11:30 pm, arrive in Hong Kong
     Oct. 27 - Leave for Jiangmen, China, by ferry at 7 am. Meet Hilda and Brogan
     Oct. 28 - Time with Brogan and other English teachers in worship; proclaim with Pastor Jimmie
     Oct. 29 - The week in Jiangmen with English, some time off, and prep for rest of trip
     Nov.  3 - Shenzhen. Meet with American staff for fellowship, and proclaim in international church
     Nov.  4 - Leave with Michael Wu for Chibi, Hubei Province for a week of teaching
     Nov.  9 - Return to Shenzhen for weekend activities
     Nov. 11 - Travel to Hong Kong to meet with LCMS personnel.
     Nov. 13 - Return travel to the U.S.

It is impossible for me to blog from China since Google sites are blocked. I have engaged a "ghost writer" to keep you apprised of my journey on the Mainland. Due to the sensitive nature of my work, I will not write everything in "plain English." I may use code which you will have to de-code for yourself. It may be a challenge. I will use some words words spelled backwards and other "tricks to the trade." If you comment or respond by email, please be careful what you say!

Join me with "knee time" and other thoughts.
Driving in to Point, I looked backwards to the east and captured this shot.

Phil Berg, my Thrivent rep, loaded me up with one last load of rich, composted horse manure which is to be spread on my garden. With this healthy mix, the garden will explode in green!

Rain and mist highlighted our Tuesday afternoon. In the center left, you can just see the two red chairs still sitting on our pier. When I return, they will go into winter storage.

"What, you're leaving? Who's going to help do the dishes?" I will be missing Karol on this trip, but I know that she will be enjoying time with our children and grandchildren. She will treat them with class, and they will love her to death!



2 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! I will pray for you for a successful journey!
    Love and hugs :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings on your trip! You will be in our thoughts & prayers! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete