Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WAITING FOR CHINA

These days, I'm trying to get prepared for my mission trip to China, make a few last minute bowls, and finish up the yardwork (it will be too late when I return from China on Nov. 13).
A few shots of me making a bowl on my Harbor Freight lathe.

Doing the finish work on the bowl.

If I wouldn't get so engrossed in making the bowl, I'd surely enjoy the picture window of the outdoors.

The blower takes care of all of the fine dust.

Isaac enjoys the pumpkins grown by Andrew on his neighbor's land. The pumpkins proved to be good for Karol's new recipe for pumpkin bars.


Grandpa Mueller driving the manure spreader pulled by his special team of horses, Queen and King. We loved going to the Random Lake, WI, farm for visits. In later years, the visits got to be two to three weeks long. It certainly was a special place for me. The second picture is sitting with Grandma in one of the outside lounge chairs under the big maple tree.

Maybe some day I'll be able to stack wood like this. I'd say that it is a pretty artistic wood pile - bound to catch a second look (compliments of Matthew).

2 comments:

  1. it was nice to see what goes into each bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you without a beard too!

    ReplyDelete