Thursday, April 18, 2013

MORE OF THE MARKET

The market is available to sell anything:  prepared foods, meat, nuts, cans and bottles of food, bread, and flowers. It was pretty cold, and I could have stayed longer taking pictures. It was an experience!!
I had to catch this shot:  the butcher was shaving the pig with a razor to prepare it for sale. I assume that this will make a great batch of souse or head cheese.

CLICK HERE to walk through the open market with me.


All manor of spices, homemade and other.

Cheese - any kind you could ever think of. The rounds in the front is fresh.

Packaged sausage and ingredients to use when cooking meat.

The chickens are VERY fresh. I'm not sure why they line them up with feet in the air.

Bins and bins of candy.

Flowers for any garden.

Shrubs and trees can be purchased at the market also.

A great variety of flowers to take home to your wife and family.

Sponge-type cakes to take home to decorate for birthdays, etc. The icing and other decorations were also sold at this store. The number on the cake is the cost:  lari (GE)

Unwrapped candy, dates, and nuts.

Fresh lettuce (and I mean FRESH)!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had a market close to us like this! Everything looks so FRESH!

    ReplyDelete