Tuesday, April 2, 2013

TIDBITS - NO FOOLING!!

I started this blog on April 1; therefore the title. What follows is no joke.

On April 3, Karol and I are leaving for a "vacation" in Tbilisi, Georgia (eastern Europe). We are visiting Jon Matthew Selle (son of brother John and his wife, Cheryl, now of Georgetown, TX. Jon is married to Julissa and they are blessed with two children; daughter Alba and son Matthias.  From what I can see on YouTube and what I read, it is a most beautiful country. And I'm imagining that the customs and culture are also quite different than what we experience here in the U.S.

I invite you to follow my blog through April 22, and I promise I'll try my best to give you some good shots along with a bit of commentary on life in Georgia. I'd invite you to comment along the way with your thoughts [I have appreciated comments from many of you on the mission in China].

My brother John, Georgetown, Texas, has been collecting crosses for many, many years. Lots of the crosses have been gifts. They are now displayed at Faith Lutheran Church, Georgetown.CLICK HERE to see the video of John's crosses.

The white Easter lily I thought I purchased happened to turn out a rather royal color. I liked it!

Timothy (foreground; son of Dave and Rachel Baker) and Luke (son of Nathan and Holly Selle) had a great time playing together on Easter afternoon.



Now this shot is most characteristic of Andrew. He enjoys discussion and likes to share his opinion on many topics (political, environmental, those having to do with construction and repair - which he is very good at!). The steamboat painting in the background is from our days in Covington, LA.

Kaitlyn (daughter of Andrew and Suzanne) and Megan listen as sister, Ruth, reads them a story.

Dave Baker (left) with his wife, Rachel, in the background. Rachel's brother, David is in the front of the picture (son of Rob and Penny Selle). Good post meal discussion.

As Easter prepared to turn the corner, all that was left in our home were Nathan with Megan and Luke. It was nice to sit quietly to sing and talk.





No comments:

Post a Comment