Sunday, March 23, 2014

HAIRY WOODPECKER





Earlier today, a hairy woodpecker (looks like a downy, but is noticeably larger) ran into one of our big windows. He hit the ground and didn't move much. I walked outside to where he was and picked him up and let him sit on my fingers for a long time.

While he was recuperating, Karol shot a bunch of pictures from inside of the house. They turned out really good - I'm proud to share them.


It almost looks like he is looking up at me, doesn't it? My assumption was that he was in appreciation of the one who rescued him (and it is a boy).





 


























While Nathan and Holly spent some of their spring break in Pittsburgh, we cared for Isabel. Both of the dogs loved sleeping on Karol's side of the bed - and Isabel loved her pillow.

This four tiered lawyers bookcase was a gift from Louie and Audrey Luedtke. It has become the final resting place (museum) for a selection of my bowls. Admission is free.
I spotted these herring gulls yesterday on my way to Oshkosh. They had found just a little bit of open water and were "snarfing" up the dead fish that had winter-killed.

These three bowls are made from hickory that comes from Hickory Acres (where Rob and Penny now live). Hickory Acres used to be the home acreage of Mother and Dad Selle.

"Louie" gave me a whole lot of scrap wood that her father had stored up. Much I used for firewood in my shop stove. But I found one old piece of pine that I turned into this nice fruit platter.




1 comment:

  1. I forgot to comment! I've never been that close, that was pretty cool! Any video? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete