Saturday, March 15, 2014

'SMELTING

Translated means, "It's melting." The snow seems to have covered our driveway since late November. Wisconsinites are ready for spring. Just last week, the robins gave us hope when they began appearing in the area. Today, the ides of March, may be a turning point. At least the snow is melting and the sun is shining.
The dogs are always willing to go out. At the moment we are boarding Nathan and Holly's dog while they are in Pittsburgh. BUT, paws get messy now. I do love the sight of the driveway.

I think that lots of Wisconsin folks would appreciate this picture.
 
I like the rounded top edge.
My first candle holder.

A second candle holder (cherry burl)

A new style that I'm experimenting with. I cut a cherry log in slices and then make the bowl (the center of the tree or branch is in the middle of the bottom of the bowl).
Still making bowls. I'm discovering that I am getting more particular about the quality.

OUR RECENT VISIT TO CALVARY CHAPEL, MADISON

At our arrival, students were enjoying an international potluck.

During the past year, Calvary had to downsize from three levels to one. Additional space was rented out to the University Bookstore. The upper level was renovated into three areas - eating and study area, worship area, and International Friendship Center. Calvary really looks good! The baptismal font has not changed.

 Vicar Dan Anderson will soon become the next pastor.
The new Friendship Center
 

Goldfinches feeding on the ground.

Goldfinch

No comments:

Post a Comment