Monday, March 31, 2014

STILL HERE...

No, the snow is still not gone - and tomorrow that will almost be an April Fool joke. This HAS been a long winter, but now I'm beginning to see the spring come. Look at the following video to see how hard it is for Sarge (our terrier mix) to get through the snow. Often he's buried up to his belly.



This is my garden. I am hoping that when we return from Pittsburgh on April 7, all of the snow will have melted and I will be able to get some seeds into the ground.

Today the robins came back in full force (the scouts had arrived about a week ago). As I drove my Meals on Wheels route, I saw many, many along the roadways.
The robins loved my flowering crab apples. We have about eight trees, and the birds are enjoying every apple.
Karol loves working on newsletters, articles, and strategy. She does spend lots of valuable hours on her computers - all in the service of God's Kingdom.

But there is also time for relaxation. This spot in the southeast corner of our house is sheltered. The late afternoon sun makes it the ideal spot for a little patio, our bench, and the grill. Last summer, Karol and I worked together to make this comfortable spot for relaxation.
Another type of candle holder.

One of the cherry bowls (cherry is my favorite wood to work with).

I thought you'd like this shot!

1 comment:

  1. I bet when you look at your garden you can imagine it green and full of veges!

    ReplyDelete