Thursday, March 27, 2014

IT'S STILL HERE!!!!

WINTER, that is! I thought that it would have gone, but it seems it's going to hang around with more snow. We had snow this morning again, and in two days, we should be getting more. But some of it is really pretty......




How many deer do you count? In recent days, they've been in our yard looking for areas where the snow has melted and the dry grass is showing. In addition to the grass, they're eating the buds off of my flowering crabapple trees.

I do have to say that while outdoor sports have become "old hat," inside sports like watching the deer are now on the increase. It is still a thrill to see the deer so close to us.

...............AND OUR INDOOR FLOWERING PLANTS ARE TREATING US TO A 
SPLASH OF COLOR!


This two stalk, four flower amaryllis spent last summer in aged horse manure in my garden. I think it was worth it. I have one other amaryllis yet to bloom.

The first of five orchids that will bloom.

I give my Christmas cactus orchid bloom after it flowers at Christmastime.
 
My geraniums are all starting to bloom again in anticipation of spring.

These I had to purchase at the store.

 Rachel who stayed a couple of nights, enjoyed some of the challenges. Her brother, Joshua, looks on.





No comments:

Post a Comment