Friday, May 4, 2012

BIRDS IN OUR YARD

The phoebe has a nest in the eaves on the south side of my office. Fun to watch them sit and latter feed the young.
I took this sitting in my office - down toward the rock garden.
These are the birds that I saw/heard yesterday when our electricity was out for 8 plus hours. A tree fell over wires just to the west of Rosholt. Karol and I were sitting in the garage overhang.

red-winged blackbird
rose-breasted grosbeak
brown thrasher
white crowned sparrow
chipping sparrow
English sparrow
flicker
red-bellied woodpecker
phoebe
white-throated sparrow
cardinal
mourning dove
house sparrow
robin
cowbird
downy woodpecker
sandhill crane
red-breasted nuthatch
goldfinch
yellow-rumped warbler
tree swallow
crow
black-capped chickadee
song sparrow
pine siskin

There may be others around, but at that moment we did not see or hear them (ie baltimore oriole, hairy woodpecker, etc.)

This morning as I work in my office, the rabbit is running back and forth - don't know where. Maybe they're migrating like the lemmings. The black squirrel and the gray squirrel are hopping from tree to tree. I'm hoping that there are no red squirrels left because they had entered the sacred space or our log home attic. Just spotted the rose-breasted grosbeak in the dead catalpa to the south of my office. We leave the dead tree because the birds love to sit in it. I've planted a new tree, but it doesn't look very alive at the moment.

It's so beautiful outside that I need to get in that sun and warm - and out of my office. I can always be here.

Our ferns are looking like this right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment