Sunday, May 6, 2012

MY "NO SMOKING" ANNIVERSARY DAY

With a view like this, why would I ever want my office in a different place other than the "sun porch?" Not only can I "watch" the flowers bloom, I can also see birds outside of my windows. Check out the next picture for interest...

Mr. Wren spent lots of time traveling to and from the birdhouse carrying medium size sticks. But this time, he bit off more than he could chew. He could not figure out how to get one end of the stick to go inside of the hole. He finally gave up.


Each year, we see more and more trillium in our little woods. It is such a bright and showy flower - I love to see it.
I've been able to download a video once again to YouTube. For some reason, I couldn't do it at home, so I decided to try it at Peace. The upload speed is similar to home, so I don't know what the problem might have been. You can view it at:  http://youtu.be/_cvo6T0rg9I  It is found there along with other videos on the DrCarlSelle channel. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy putting it online.

Ferns have now begun to spring up in our woods. I believe that about three years ago, I planted a few there and now they are spreading. This shot is taken in the little woods right to the east of the garage.

Virginia bluebells, started at the Iola property by Rob and Penny, are now flourishing at our home. It is amazing how they spread. They just don't stay in a little area. they spread far and wide. Beautiful in the spring.

And, finally, to close out this session of the blog, let me show you the "Treehuggers" natural sign for "Keep out of this woods." The birch do it all, don't they.

This shot was taken along Hwy. 66, halfway between Rosholt and Stevens Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment