Monday, November 12, 2012

November 12th



Left Jim and Ardith’s apartment at 8:30 am, took the subways to the border crossing at Futian, exited China and entered Hong Kong and then took the subway to Kowloon Tong to meet Joel Scheiwe, the LCMS missionary called here. Had a great dialog reflecting on the Shenzhen worship and on my trip to Hubei and Hunan. Looks like we will be planning something similar for the end of February/beginning of March.
Met with Judy Newhouse, service coordinator for mission teams in Hong Kong. I had gotten to know her earlier this year when I taught in the Hong Kong Lutheran elementary schools. She has extended her commitment to Hong Kong to Nov. 2014 – loves her work here. Had supper at a restaurant located in a huge shopping mall. Noodles and pork (thought you’d like to know).
I’m staying with Joel and Iantha Scheiwe tonight (also their three children: Eliada, Talia, and Taran). They’ve provided a bed and breakfast before I head out to the airport at 9 am tomorrow morning.

I couldn't help by notice that the Yi Selle's live in Hong Kong. Never knew that we had relatives here.

No comments:

Post a Comment