Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 6th

Election day in the U.S. I’m sure that it will be interesting.

Was up at 6:15 so that I could try to access the internet. It is REALLY slow at this hotel – like the dialup days.

Michael picked me up for breakfast at 7:45. We went out to the street. He looked around; passed one “sidewalk” restaurant by, and then went across the street to another one. Noodles and soup. Nice taste.

To the meeting then. Singing. I shared about law and gospel. After lunch I shared the six colors and gave bracelets.

Took a little time to walk this afternoon. Have been watching men plastering, cementing, painting, and fixing. Most interesting the tools that they use.

Phone numbers here like 8’s – 8 is lucky. An apartment selling firm would have 383-8888 or something like that….Have only been able to get a bit of English TV…..Stares so common here…..I’ve been able to speak to several English speakers…..Food adequate and tasty, but everything has peppers with it. Some of the peppers are hot and others are green and red without the hot. I choose my food carefully.

Tomorrow late afternoon we will travel to Hunan Province.

Thanks for yarping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment