Monday, February 27, 2012

A busy day with lots of interaction with the students. Enjoyed two singing classes along with singing a song for morning assembly. During the day at recess and lunch time and in the hallways, I discovered that the students have loosened up and are speaking freely along with asking questions. It's a good feeling that they feel comfortable in relating to me. One student today guessed that I was 79 (oops, I didn't think I was looking that bad). The teaching staff too is more willing to greet me in the hallway with a cheery word. The stay has become pleasant indeed.

Went to the market and picked up some greens, an onion, and some mushrooms. Already had purchased some dry noodles.

Made my own concoction tonight for my meal and enjoyed it along with some Philipino beer. In case you'd like the recipe, I boiled the greens with the mushrooms and onion, added some salt, soy sauce, and a little dab of butter, added the dry noodles, cooked, and enjoyed.  Bottom line:Twas better than I thought it was going to be.   TOMMOROW IS A FIELD TRIP!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you didn't have guests for your dinner. Beer looked good though!

    ReplyDelete