Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sharon Owens and her two children, Joanna and Peter
While I'm here in Hong Kong, Sharon Owens is my "boss." She coortdinates the short teams and the English programs. Sharon is not married, but has adopted two wonderful children, brother and sister. They live in Macau but often get to Hong Kong to work with teams.

Sharon has been here 10 years now. I first got to know her when she was an ISM director at University Lutheran, Lincoln, Nebraska. If you ask her, she never would have thought that God would call her to serve here in the Far East.

Today I'm heading to worship at 10:30 am at Holy Word Lutheran Church (probably all in Chinese). Then will meet Sharon and her children for lunch along with Alan and Shirley Piepenbrink who are serving here in Hong Kong. At 2, I'll be meeting Kenas, a former international student who attended UWSP and who was a part of our worshipping community at Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment