Friday, February 24, 2012


Some of the 11 students who were in my class. Some knew English fairly well, and others, a bare minimum. We looked at the story of Hannah praying earnestly for the gift of a child and then talked about prayer. There were a couple of projects to go with the story, and I had a very capable helper by the name of Calvin (I don't think that he was Methodist)

The highlight of the afternoon was the Bible class at Holy Cross Lutheran primary school. We served at Holy Cross two years ago and they still have banners on their courtwall attesting to our presence.


The bus ride between my home station and Holy Cross has some rather beautiful vistas. This overlooks one of the many harbor areas in the total Hong Kong area.

Pastor Albert invited me yesterday to accompany him to Holy Cross. I was not certain what my responsibilities would be, but I said that I'd go.  Even moments before the class I was not sure of what I was to do. Must be the Chinese way? or perhaps Albert's style.

The afternoon proved to be enjoyable, and I think that the kids learned, so all OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment