Saturday, June 9, 2012

WINNIE-THE-POOH SPOTTED NEAR ELLIS!

Deep in the Hundred Acre Wood (check it out), Winnie-the-Pooh searches. He can't find Christopher Robin. I'd venture to say that he never got near the big swamp near Ellis, Wisconsin (check it out), because that is where I found Winnie-the-Pooh. And just to give you proof that I, myself, saw Winnie, I shot this photo several days ago when I spied him walking through the tall grass.

Other than this great discovery, life has been relatively quiet at the Rosholt log home. I've worked in the garden watering, weeding, and transplanting; I've been back fishing on Jacqueline Lake (where I've bagged large bluegills both times); today we hosted Andrew and Suzanne and kids along with brother, Rob, and Penny and their grandkids for lunch. We had a fun time watching the kids drive the Barbie Jeep around our circular driveway. And, as usual, Karol made a great lunch of  sloppy joes, corn and a big green salad (with lettuce, beet greens, dill, parsley, swiss chard, garlic, and rhubarb chard).

In between these activities, I went to town to check on the new shingles that were being installed on The Peace House. The Peace House is an investment of 12 mission minded families (kind of like the disciples) who determined to offer a rental for Peace women, a rental where Christ would be the focus. The investors wanted a place that could be a center for Christian community.


The house was purchased in January $5000 from each of the 12 families. After the initial lease from UWSP students expired last June, we refurbished the whole inside of the house and installed new rug. The only major expenditure that remained was to shingle the roof. We hired a wonderful contractor to do the work, and, behold, this picture taken this afternoon shows the work almost completed.

And what a blessing it has been for the 8 women who live in the Peace House. They host a Monday night Bible study, invite groups to come in for special "parties," and live the life that Christ calls them to live during their time in this "special" place.

Don't you think it looks good!!

THANKS FOR VISITING MY BLOG. IF THERE'S ANYTHING YOU WANT ME TO WRITE ABOUT,
 LEAVE A COMMENT.

AND, IF YOU'D LIKE TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN A SUBMIT A POST, FILL OUT THE EMAIL REQUEST.

5 comments:

  1. Your Pooh story above is funny! We should all send you a random photo and have you fabricate a story for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've officially lost your mind with that first story. Out of left field! I'd like to see a blog dedicated to Sarge. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny...I actually saw that Pooh a couple weeks ago on the north side of the 66 between Ellis and Jordan Pond. I thought it might have been some type of scavenger hunt item. It made me laugh then as it does now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are random Poohs in WI? Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, this Pooh has been seen numerous times. I've seen it in the same vicinity now for over a week, and the more I talk about it, the more I discover that others have seen the same Pooh. I'm not sure that there are "random" Poohs. I do think that Milne memorialized the one Pooh in his book, and that that's all there is to the Pooh story.

    ReplyDelete