Sunday, June 3, 2012

SUMMER IS HERE!

Life is lazy here this afternoon. It's hot outside (82 degrees) with a dry wind. Hope it blows some rain this way tonight. Got back a bit ago from Packwaukee/Oxford where I did a double header campus mission service. Nice group of people in little Packwaukee - warm and friendly. I've been able to be out in congregations two or three times each month. My time with ISM curtailed that schedule for last month, but I'm out and about once again.

I was experimenting with another blog site, Wordpress, but I had a hard time putting up a blog except for the fact that it really made the blog look nice. I may try once more, but I know how to do this one now, so may keep using Blogspot.
Grandma watches while Rachel and Kaitlyn play some "house" or "jail" game. Karol (me too) is so thankful that children permit grandchildren to stay with us for short periods of time. Karol loves to "make memories" that the grandchildren will chreish as they grow up (and perhaps remember in their adults lives).

You will enjoy the video of Karol reading to Kaitlyn and Joshua. It's a memory maker!

Joshua loves to drive the Barbie Jeep. The first thing he asks when he comes over is if the battery is charged. Rachel, Kaitlyn, and Joshua spent Friday night at our home. Only the second time here for an overnight for Joshua. He didn't want to leave on Saturday morning when his folks came to pick him up.


Siberian iris form a perfect frame for the red and white dianthus in the background.



The swallowtail butterflies have been at our home for some time now. This one particularly spent time at this dianthus probing with its long proboscus each of the flowers on the plant. Lots of time to get this picture.
Next blog, I will see if I can get a variety of garden shots. The garden is starting to look really good - although a nice rain shower would do wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment