Thursday, September 27, 2012

MY MORNING WALK

Since July 25, I have walked every morning, except Sundays (my walking sabbath). Normally, I walk 15 minutes out, turn around and head back. On occasion, I pick up the aluminum cans, or do a roadside garbage pickup, but mostly, the morning half hour is a time of prayer and reflection. I do love that time.

This morning was cold, no doubt a sign that we'll need a fire in our insert each day, and that we'll soon have to bring out warmer clothes. But it's still a wonderful time of the year:  trees in color, geese flying, harvest of the colder weather veggies, and great, fresh air mornings.

September 27 - first ice-covered bird bath.

The rhododendron prepares for winter (it doesn't lose it's leaves).
The marigolds last hurrah - and it's a beautiful one!!

Sumac always loves to show off in fall. I made a bowl out of sumac wood last night.

As the sun begins it's peek over the horizon, the sun reflects the warm rays.

The harvest is in. The silage prepares for winter cattle feeding.

I've just about completed the decorative border at the entry to our property.

I can hear them say "We're not giving up just yet!"

The maple trees near our home are outstanding!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty pictures Carl! I love fall! Hope the leaves keep their color and to the trees for our visit next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice. Angie, you will be hitting it at peak color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Beautiful.... Wish I was there.. We are getting ready for Homecoming game tonight and parade.. Busy day.. Love you guys.. Butch and Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice pics Dad! Don't know about the ice though, not ready for that here.

    ReplyDelete