Sunday, September 23, 2012

NEWCASTLE

This has been a relaxing time, even though we've put on lots of miles for the trip. We haven't seen Roy and Pat so it has been fun to spend time with them in their home!
I've had so much time to work on my computer. How thankful I am. I've been able to work with my emails so that now I've only 12 left to respond to. Praise the Lord.
Pat and Roy weren't even aware when they dressed that they would wear the same t-shirt.
This Newcastle establishment does everything but sew buttons back on your shirt!



Karol wanted me to take a picture of the yellow and white flowers in the Gill yard. Not much grows here since the ground underneath is rocky and the rainfall is always VERY light.

As we left for brunch about 10 am, the vultures were also having their lunch on the gravel road near the Gill home. They had found a jackrabbit and were enjoying the fresh meat.
The storage yard for an oil drilling company. They have everything plus more for drilling wells.
 VIDEO OF AN OIL WELL PUMPING
(It is what it is!)

The oil is pumped and then is transferred by pipeline to the storage tanks. Trucks then transport the oil to the refinery (remember:  in the middle of Newcastle).

2 comments:

  1. I watched the video of the oil rig over and over again. How mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitt, you probably own the oil well. I think you're just mesmerized by money.

      Delete