Sunday, March 4, 2012


This morning, I was to present the message at Holy Word Lutheran Church. I got Albert the slides (only to find out that it was a pptx file and he couldn’t open it. Back to the room and sent him the  appropriate Divine Drama file (ppt). The message went well with Albert translating.
Funny with translation, one never knows how accurate it is. Sometimes his Chinese went far longer or shorter than my English. I was given a thank you card. Enclosed was a $500HK bill – maybe about $60. A very nice gesture. Pastor Samuel distributed what Divine Plans I brought with me.
View the short video of closing worship. http://youtu.be/cROsEzXw4eA

Took Albert, Lauren, and Dustin to the noodle shop for lunch. I had my longed-for curry rice – and it was good with a nice taste of spice in it. The others had wontan noodles and Albert had some thin fat strips with noodles. The soup was complimentary in that it came with the "set."
It's pleasant to sit outside where one can watch the people go by. The light rail station is directly in front of the restaurant so there's a steady stream of traffic.

The sun decided to shine again (second time since I've been here), so I head off to the nearby recreational park for a hike. When I arrived, I discovered that the "recreational park" was simply a riding stable. Horses in paddocks.
While this scene looks like the "gold coast," most of these are simply regular apartments that have been built near the water.
So once again I headed for the beach. This time it was a busy place. There's a picnic area with about 40 grilling pits surrounded by picnic tables. Every grill was lit and every table was occupied. Lots of folks were on the beach digging holes, building sand castles, sitting quietly while others strolled along the waters edge. I was able to find a good number of clamshells.

I sat in the park for a good long while listening to various music groups, watching the senior citizens exercising, enjoying the antics of the kids, and observing the young couples walking hand in hand.


It started getting cool, so I headed back, taking the route that went right past the bakery. It's a place where I like to purchase warm custard tarts (like little custard pies). My taste buds simply call out when I near that bakery.               

You can see the flute play and women sing at: http://youtu.be/MNC6W2-MJQ

Tonight I still want to go and pick up some dried mushrooms at the grocery store to take back to the States with me. Karol loves to use these mushrooms in stir fries.



 I did appreciate today. It was relaxing and very laid back. I'm ready to leave my apartment at 7:15 tomorrow morning to go to Lui Cheung Kwong Lutheran Primary School (LCK). I have five library periods (Bible story, singing, and conversation) besides morning and afternoon greeting time along with the two recess periods.




No comments:

Post a Comment