Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What a pleasant day. The morning was light with two recess periods, one "welcome to school" greeting time, and two class periods. School was out at noon at LCK, so I headed back to LSL.

The new video for today is students at LCK learning to pass the baton:  http://youtu.be/2yE7Jifax14
Designated library helpers assist Ms. Lo with returning books to their shelves. All of my LCK classes were in the library, and Ms. Lo did the translation work for me. She is such a capable teacher and keeps a very attractive library.
 
 I decided to go for the noodles again for lunch. The wonton soup had been good so I ordered it once again. Interestingly, other wontons are stuffed with pork. These wontons are stuffed with shrimp.

Talked to Ken about spraying the apartment and fixing the water leak in one of my faucets. Spraying is done, the spout is off of the faucet until?
Met Kaiqi Hua about 3 at our light rail station. He was baptized by Jonathan Lange (Merced, CA) in 2011 and is studying here in Hong Kong for three months. It was most interesting since he doesn't speak Cantonese, only Mandarin and English. He also has a hard time to get around here in Hong Kong.

Bamboo is still use as scaffolding. In my mind, I'm thinking that it will never stand the test, but it obviously does. I'm sure that it is substantially cheaper than steel. There is a great deal of building all over Hong Kong. You can see the 40 story (standard size) apartment buildings going up when you travel on the train or bus. Road repair is common - most often widening the roads to provide for the everr increasing number of vehicles. Right near the LSL school, they are building a new subway line - to stretch all the way from Kowloon to the Mainland border. At the LCK school, they are widening the current expressway and making lots of noise while doing it (windows are all shut.) Supper this evening was sushi. I told Judy I would buy since it was marked down at the Wellcome super market. It was mighty tasty indeed.
A light evening too. Maybe I can get on Skype.


No comments:

Post a Comment