Monday, March 18, 2013

IT'S A JOKE?

I just heard that Spring was right around the corner....in fact, in the next day or two. But this is the scene when I look out of our south facing windows......you can imagine what it is like looking north!

It looks like snow to me!!! We were blessed with 5 inches on Monday. Tomorrow night, the temperature will almost reach 0 degrees. (And last year, 2/3 of my garden was already planted)
 AND NOW I NEED YOUR HELP. CAN YOU IDENTIFY THIS BIRD FOR ME - I ONLY SAW HIM THE ONE TIME AT MY FEEDER................................................
I can only believe that it is a red crossbill. What do you think?
It's good to be home with Karol to enjoy her company and her cooking; to be back at turning bowls; to be catching up with ISM; and to enjoy grandchildren now and again!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're right on the bird. Too much snow there!! What gives???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah and I think it's the White Winged Crossbill. It ahs a little white on it's wing like yours does. It's about 6.5 inches. Mark and Sarah Penshorn

    ReplyDelete