Monday, March 4, 2013

POST FOR MONDAY


Today is transition day. It’s been a blessing since my arrival to share time at Siu Leun – those kids were great. Sharing in Shenzhen was also a wonderful experience, and I look forward to that sharing once again this coming Sunday. The time with Brogan was refreshing although there were a variety of responsibilities.

Now I’m on to the next journey, time with M. I’m ready to take a two hour plane ride to the center of China. For confidentiality’s sake, I will name the city NON. There are many believers (70,000) in Non as well as in this area of the province. I’m not sure yet where I will go with M, but I know that it will prove to be a special gift both for me and for those that M works with.

The confidentiality is to protect those whom M serves both in the city of NON and the province itself. When I talk with Sharon or Joel, I sometimes get the feeling that I “talk too much” by sharing information that should better be kept to myself. So what you will find in this week’s posts are some pretty nebulous comments and pictures. I will try to give you an idea of what I am doing, but at the same time, I will try hard to protect the individual and community identities. I know that you will all understand. After I return, we can talk face to face and I’ll be able to answer honestly and forthrightly.

The airport in Guanzhou is HUGE!! Must be 200 plus gates (at least the numbers go into the 200’s). At my arrival, I was almost overwhelmed by the expanse of the check in area (sections A through J). After checking in, I went through security – in my area of the airport there were more than 20 security stations with a very long line at each one of them. Then I walked for a long, long time until I found B18 down on the lower level.

While walking through the airport (and earlier on the bus), I shot a few pictures of some of the signs. Enjoy them, and appreciate that I did understand the meanings even though I thought the signs were humorous. It is true, there could be English teachers all over in China.

Late in the day. I’m now in NON, having had dinner with the people at the school where we will teach (couldn’t take pictures because it was quite dark). Great folks. It is good to see M again.

The menu said draught beer - and this is what I got.




No comments:

Post a Comment