Wednesday, February 27, 2013

IN THE 'HOOD'

In our neighborhood of high rise apartments and stores, you'll come across Butterfly Estates Park, only a 10 minute walk from the school. A cultural experience awaits the foreigner who chooses to visit. I was so exhausted from my two 1 hour mid-day presentations to the hall full of students that I just need some time to rejuvenate (remember that I'm an introvert and I need some time alone on occasion). The presentations included telling God's story through "The Divine Plan" and singing about six/seven English songs. Two were new, the others review. But the energy needed for such an hour seems immense (to me).

It's almost too warm today - must be close to 80 degrees - for my comfort level. Even the locals are complaining about the heat. Normally, it rains shortly after the Spring Festival, but this year is different (so, what's new?).

Butterfly Estates Park is small and compact, filled with art and culture. From the sculptured rocks to the small groups of performers, to the manicured shrubs to the view of the waterfront, it is a pretty spot!


I couldn't help but marvel at this beautiful flower.

The mountain vista contrasts to the other direction; the sea.

The well-manicured bushes make a stroll pleasant and relaxing.

Azaleas are just beginning to show their beauty.

Scattered throughout the park are natural stone sculptures like this one.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like they know how to have a good time. Sure don't miss the singing. You need to get one of those machines! Weather looks nice! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete