Saturday, February 23, 2013

"JET LAG RECOVERY" DAY

How strange to be on the other half of the world (notice I say "other half" because to the Hong Kong residents, we live in the other half of the world). Cloudy skies, trees in bloom, shirt-sleeve weather, and people all over the place. I was astounded again at the airport at the amount of people. I waited in line for 45 minutes to pass through immigration and another 20 minutes to wait for a taxi.

I was able to sleep soundly for 6 1/2 hours so by 8:15 am I felt rested and ready to go. Pastor/Missionary Carl Hanson called to see when we might get together for conversation. By 9:30, I was finished with shower and breakfast and ready to talk.
Missionary Carl Hanson completes the John 3:16 puzzle.
Carl shared with me the present strategy of the Asia mission. It helped me feel like I was a part of the work here; and I am!

Star Seafood Restaurant
Right after our conversation, I caught the subway to Tai Wo to meet Kara Fok, a participant in the 2012 In-Depth Bible Seminar. We met two of her church brothers and then went to the dim-sum restaurant for lunch. It was so good to see her again; active as a church leader, discussion leader, and willing to share her faith with others.
Crispy wonton cover with shrimp
Chicken feet wrapped



Steamed buns with sweet sauce
Shrimp over noodles.

 If you know me, you understand by now that I must talk about food - it appeals to me so much.

The young people (mostly upper high school, college age, and young adults) were having a Bible study at Kara's church, Tai Wo Evangelistic Fellowship. I decided to join them at 3 pm. Bible study led by Tony (layman) on Job 1:1-8. Sang, prayed, some large group sharing and then we broke up into small groups. Back into large group for sharing and then for a time for flyer distribution (Gospel meeting next week Saturday). What a warm and loving group.
Tony is second from right in front row. Kara is center front in white dress.
Small group discussion on the second floor of the church building.
At least in Hong Kong the caskets are out in the open where everyone can view their construction and quality.
The sign above the door in each subway car.

There's no law against riding your bike in the underground subway station.
Derrick and I at the large fish tank at the dim-sum restaurant.



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time! Jealous you get to eat such great food!!

    ReplyDelete