Friday, February 22, 2013

ON TO HONG KONG ..........

Thursday, early, I headed off to Hong Kong. I never fail to be surprised at the experiences I encounter.

As in the past, I will attempt to bring you along with me as I travel, sharing reflections and insights. Here's a rough schedule:

     Feb. 22 - arrive in Hong Kong
     Feb. 24 - share a sermon in Shenzhen
     Feb. 25-27 - work at Siu Lin Lutheran Elementary School, Tuen Muen
     Feb. 28 - Mar. 2 - assist with English classes in Jiangmen with Brogan
     Mar. 3 - Five minute presentation at worship services
     Mar. 4 - 9 Travel with Michael to Hubei Province to share at churches
     Mar. 10 - share a sermon in Shenzhen
     Mar. 11 - return home
7:00 am at the Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA)
I arrived safely at the "Mission House" here in Hong Kong where Joel and Iantha Scheiwe and their children live. It's 1 am. Note that the time is 14 hours ahead of the time in the States.

The longest layover was in Minneapolis (5 hours), but otherwise the flights went smoothly. I enjoyed the Sky Club, compliments of some of the kids. Nice!

I am thankful for the safe travel (it is a mighty long way) and thank God for your prayers while I am here in Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment